Although an English translation of this Usage notice, Regulations and other information are provided on JREC-IN Portal, they are just for the convenience of users. The Japanese original shall be the official version except the information provided by the registered user such as english job postings, english job applicant information, etc. Please refer to the Japanese original as necessary in using JREC-IN Portal.
Please read this Usage notice carefully before using JREC-IN Portal, and follow this Usage notice in using JREC-IN Portal.
| About JREC-IN Portal|
JREC-IN Portal is a collective term for the website called "Research Personnel Portal Site JREC-IN Portal (Japan Research Career Information Network Portal)" (hereinafter referred to as "JREC-IN Portal Site") （https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/）operated by the Japan Science and Technology Agency ("the Agency") for the purpose of assisting in the expansion of the career paths of research personnel and the use of such personnel in terms of information on the careers of research personnel, such as job postings, job applicant information, event information and articles, and mail delivery and other services associated with the website. This website only provides information to support Recruiting Institutions and individuals seeking for jobs. It does not provide intermediary or placement services.
The Research Personnel is a collective term for individuals working or seeking Jobs related to research as following list, and has related professional knowledge, experience or qualifications to those jobs.
Jobs related to research:
- Research jobs, Technical jobs or Educational jobs in the discipline of Natural Science, Humanities and Social sciences;
- Supporting and assisting work of the jobs determined in 1; and
- Any other similar jobs determined in 1 or 2, which requires professional knowledge, experience or qualifications in the discipline of Natural Science or Human and Social sciences.
| Prohibited Matters|
Users must not conduct the following acts on JREC-IN Portal:
- Acts that infringe or likely to infringe on rights of the Agency or others, cause or likely to cause trouble to the Agency or others, create or likely to create disadvantages to the Agency or others;
- Unauthorized diversion, reproduction, redistribution, sale, or quotation of information posted on JREC-IN Portal;
- Political activity, religious activities, advertisement for commercial purpose such as sales call, or any other similar activities that not suit with the purpose of JREC-IN Portal;
- Acts that interfere or are likely to interfere with the operation of JREC-IN Portal;
- Acts that defame or are likely to defame the Agency or other Users, acts that disgrace or are likely to disgrace the Agency or other Users, acts obstruct the operation of the Agency or other Users;
- Violent behavior, threatening action or statements, discriminatory action or statements, discomfort behavior to others, or any other similar acts;
- Acts that violate or likely to violate laws, other ordinances of the Agency or that offend or likely to offend public order and morals; or
- Other acts that are deemed inappropriate by the Agency.
| Handling of Copyrights|
The copyrights in the e-learning content provided on JREC-IN Portal and in other content with copyright declaration of the Agency shall belong to the Agency.
The copyrights to the information on job postings and job applicant information provided on JREC-IN Portal shall belong to the respective information providers.
| Handling of Personal Information|
| Principle of Self-Responsibility and Exemption from Liability|
Users shall use the JREC-IN Portal or information provided on the JREC-IN Portal on their own responsibility and judgment.
- All of the information on job postings and job applicant information carried on JREC-IN Portal Site are provided based on the intention and selection of the Registered User or Registered Recruiting Institution, and the Agency shall not bear any responsibility for any of the information.
- The Agency shall make no warranty with respect to credibility, accuracy, adequacy, availability, legitimacy, safety, relevancy, viewing period, and any other matters of the information provided on the JREC-IN Portal.
- The Agency shall make no warranty with regard to the continuity and stability of the service, including the warranty that no defect, error, or interruption pertaining to the JREC-IN Portal will occur.
- The Agency shall not bear any responsibility for consequences, damage, loss, and costs arising from causes not attributable to the Agency including damage caused by virus attacks, blackouts, server breakdowns, circuit disturbances, and extraordinary natural phenomenon. The Agency shall make no warranty that any data on JREC-IN Portal will not be deleted or modified due to such causes.
- The Agency shall not bear any responsibility for the use or contents of a website or service provided by any third party that is accessible via JREC-IN Portal.
- The Agency shall not bear any responsibility for consequences, damage, loss, and costs arising out of or in connection with such use and modification, interruption, or termination of the information including content or services on JREC-IN Portal.
| Change of Service|
The Agency may change or suspend temporarily any part of the service without notifying Users in advance.
The Agency may suspend or terminate the provision of the whole service on a long-term basis with one (1) month prior notice.
The Agency may delete or terminate posting of registered information without notifying Users in advance.
| Link to JREC-IN Portal Site|
You are free to link to JREC-IN Portal Site.
However, please follow the instruction below, and notify JREC-IN Portal office to that effect either before or after such link:
- Clarify that such link is to JREC-IN Portal Site;
- If you use a link text (an anchor text), please use either of the followings:
- Link to the top page of JREC-IN Portal, use "JREC-IN Portal Website"
- Link directly to the job positing, use "JREC-IN Portal job positing";
- If you use a link banner, please use the following graphics.
The Agency shall not assume any responsibility arising from the link to JREC-IN Portal Site.
| Governing Law and Jurisdiction|
JREC-IN Portal, this Usage notice, and other regulations provided on JREC-IN Portal shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. And the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction with respect to all disputes arising.
| Elimination of anti-social forces|
User declares the followings on using JREC-IN Portal:
Neither user nor the member of the user is or will in the future fall within any of the followings (herein after "Anti-social forces, etc."):
|- ||An organized crime group;|
|- ||A member of an organized crime group;|
|- ||A sub-member of an organized crime group;|
|- ||A corporation related to an organized crime group;|
|- ||A racketeer attempting to extort money from a company by threatening to cause trouble at the general stockholders' meeting;|
|- ||Acting as if advocating legitimate social causes;|
|- ||A special intelligence organized crime group;|
|- ||An organized group that contribute an illegal act collectively or habitually;|
|- ||A member or equivalent of an organized group that contribute an illegal act collectively or habitually, etc.|
User declares that neither user nor the member of the user is or will in the future fall within any of the followings:
|(1) ||Operating an entity having such relationship with Anti-social forces, etc. that shows their control over the entity’s management.|
|(2) ||Operating an entity having such relationship with Anti-social forces, etc. that shows their substantial involvement in the entity’s management.|
|(3) ||Operating an entity having such relationship with Anti-social forces, etc. that shows reliance on Anti-social forces, etc. for the purpose of unfairly benefiting oneself, one’s own company or third parties or of damaging third parties.|
|(4) ||Operating an entity having such relationship that shows provision of funds or facilities to Anti-social forces, etc.|
|(5) ||Operating an entity of which Board members or people substantially involved in its management have socially condemnable relationship with Anti-social forces, etc.|
| Applicable browsers|
This website can be used with the following browsers; it may not work properly in other environments.
Windows 10: Google Chrome