[Position title and number of positions] Position Title: Research Assistant Professor (fixed-term appointment), number of positions: 1
[Area of Specialization] Semiconductor materials, optoelectronic devices, and related research areas covered by Research Center for Nano-Electronics of Advanced Research Laboratories.
[Job description] - As an active researcher in the research areas described above, you have to make publications in high-level international journals and presentations at international conferences and have to support postgraduate and undergraduate students for their research projects.
- From the second year, at least two peer-reviewed research papers are required to be published in journals indexed in Scopus satisfying IF > 1.0 and CiteSocre > 1.0 per year.
- Two million Japanese yen of research funds every year will be provided to support your cutting-edge research. A bi-monthly research report approved by a research advisor should be submitted.
- Since this is a research-oriented position, you do not need to be in charge of classes.
[Contract Term] - Fixed-term appointments will be for up to two years.
- Reappointment is possible to extend further three years by annual renewal.
- The first-term contract will be ended on March 31, 2023. The contract will be renewed on a fiscal year basis (from April 1 to March 31).
[Address of work location and other information] Todoroki Campus or Setagaya Campus of Tokyo City University.
[Starting date] September 1st, 2021, or the earliest possible date thereafter.
Electrical and electronic engineering
Assistant Professor level
Kanto district -
1.An applicant must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in a science and technology field when the employment starts. 2.An applicant is required 1) to have pioneering and internationally notable research achievements to qualify as a postgraduate student advisor. 2) to have native or near-native English competency to play an active role in a research community. 3) to be enthusiastic about the supervision of students of the laboratory. 4) to understand and cooperate with the Advanced Research Laboratories' vision and research activities of Research Center for Nano-Electronics. 3. An applicant must specify a research advisor responsible for the activities of the research center. The list of research advisors and their research fields is available from the website of ARL: http://www.arl.tcu.ac.jp/en/
1.Salary: An annual income is in accordance with TCU employment regulations. * The annual income is expected to be more than JPY5,000,000 for 30 years old." 2. Working hours: 40 hours (5 days) / week. 3. Holidays: Sundays, public holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, other days determined by Tokyo City University. (excluding days the university has designated as class days)"
2021/06/30 Deadline for receipt
The search will be closed when the position is filled.
Application /selection /notification of result /contact details
[Required Documents] 1. Curriculum vitae including photo, professional and educational history (from high school onward), degrees, awards, and e-mail address.
2. Accomplishment statements for each of the following categories: (a) Refereed journal papers (b) Refereed conference papers (c) Invited conference presentations (d) Books (e) Patents * For journal papers, indicate Impact factor and the numbers of citations for top three articles with the name of database used (Scopus or Google Scholar Citations).
3. PDF of up to three major publications within the past five years.
4. Acquired research grants and external funds, categorized appropriately with the fund's name, project title, period, total amount, role (principal or co-investigator), and allocated amounts (if not the principal researcher).
5. A summary of research accomplishments and future direction/plan (1 page).
* The summary of research accomplishments should be stated concerning the accomplishment statements (item 2 above). The future research direction/plan should be stated concerning the corresponding research area's world research trend. Possible collaboration with a research advisor should be stated here.
6. Social activities such as those as a member of international and academic committees.
7. Three references with names, affiliations, and contact details including e-mail.
* Convert the required documents 1 through 7 into PDF files, combine those files into one "zip" file, then upload the zip file to JREC-IN.
Consult the contact person if you would not receive confirmation of receipt within three business days after submission. The subject to the e-mail should be "Application for Research Assistant Professor of ARL."
[Contact details] Interested applicants may contact Professor Kenichiro Nonaka, Director of the Advanced Research Laboratories. E-mail: knonaka#tcu.ac.jp (Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
[Selection process] - Selection will be based on a comprehensive review of applications and interviews.
- Selected applicants will be asked to have an on-campus interview and/or give a presentation.
- Travel costs will not be paid in the selection process.
Online Submission with all application documents is available.
JREC-IN Portal web application
Recruiting Institution's Web application system
1. The personal information provided in the submitted documents will be used solely for recruitment and not for any other purpose, according to the University's applicable rules and regulations.
2. Tokyo City University guarantees equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of nationality and gender in order to ensure a diverse workforce.
3. Information of the research centers and research advisors are available from https://www.arl.tcu.ac.jp/en/job-posting/
Information on external site
The information about this institution on external site will be displayed in a new window.